Table of Contents
Conversion marketing is “…the act of marketing to increase conversions…” Understanding the difference between conversion marketing and conversion optimization is essential. “conversion rate optimization” falls under the general and often misunderstood framework of “conversion marketing.”
Why is Conversion Marketing Important?
Conversion marketing is digital marketing IS, and conversion optimization is at the forefront. Certain types of websites will be exceptions to this rule, and I can define these sites into two categories:
- Content Generators – news sites, journals, forums (Some use cases apply)
- Content Aggregators – social sites; EG – Reddit, Twitter, Facebook
What are you focusing on if your site doesn’t fall into either of these two categories and your digital marketing strategy isn’t focused on conversions? Because?
Some salespeople and business owners may have felt a shiver of understanding down their spine.
How to Effectively Design Conversion Marketing Strategies?
Define Various Stages of Your Conversion Funnel
As mentioned above, conversion is broadly defined and includes various actions to take on the website that ultimately convert your prospects into paying customers.
These measurable steps or actions you want your customers to take are crucial points in your conversion marketing funnel. Not all businesses need the same touchpoint in their marketing funnel. For example, a B2B SaaS company would draw the following diagram:
- Visit the website/visit a particular landing page
- Fill out a form and upload content
- Schedule a demo
- Start a free trial
- Subscribe to a package
- Renew your plan
And for a B2C eCommerce store, this may mean:
- Visit the website
- Visit the product page
- Add to Cart
- Sign up for the first purchase
- Make a repeat purchase
Define Various KPIs as Conversion Rate Optimization Strategy
Once you’ve outlined the different stages, you should associate key metrics with each. But first, it is necessary to measure the performance of each step of your funnel.
For example, you need to track your web landing page traffic if you are trying to increase your leads. If you have enough traffic, but visitors are still not signing up for the form, you should experiment with different landing page formats. A/B testing is an excessive way to test different landing page variations and see which resonates most with your audience.
Tracking these KPIs will help you improve your conversion rate optimization strategy further. Run regular tests, make necessary changes, and see if performance improves. Remember to include relevant CTAs to persuade visitors or potential customers to take the desired action.
Conversion Marketing with Justuno
Some tools will let you do two of these things, but Justuno enables you to do all three.
Here are some ways to use Justuno for these three precious tactics to help you build your conversion marketing strategy.
- Create your email capture form in Justuno by integrating it with your ESP or importing custom HTML. Then use our design canvas to style it. Keep an eye on the number of engagements and use the A/B testing tool to test call-to-action variations, discount amounts, or general promotional copy.
- Cart abandonment represents billions of dollars in lost revenue for e-commerce businesses. If you cannot stop a visitor from abandoning their cart by giving them a reason to buy immediately, you’re letting the money go out the door. Create your cart abandonment entirely in Justuno, or use one of our pre-made themes!
- There are many ways to increase AOV, but perhaps the easiest is to offer free shipping with a minimum order value. Use a banner to display this information on your site to maximize exposure.
If you’re looking to improve the overall ROI of your business, you can’t ignore conversion marketing. And while you can find hundreds of tips to improve your conversion rate, it’s an ongoing process that largely depends on how much effort you’re willing to put in. Follow up on your consumer’s response, make any necessary changes, and repeat the process.
Also Read: Start Guide to Effective Marketing Campaign